This meme is hosted by the lovely people over at The Broke and the Bookish and this week it’s minor/side characters that we wish got their own book.
- Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series – Snape, my darling. He was one of my favourite characters even before we learn more about him and his backstory in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I don’t know what the book would be about or what time period it would be set in but, frankly, I’d read anything about Harry Potter in general that comes out of J.K. Rowling’s mouth.
- Roland Sparks from the Fallen series – I don’t think I would have picked Roland if it wasn’t for my all-time favourite novella ‘Fallen in Love.’ His story is broke my heart because of how selfless and how brave he was in the name of love and sometimes I feel like he needs a hug.
- Ariane Alter from the Fallen series – Arriane is such a fun character and an wonderful addition to the series but it’s not until Fallen in Love and Rapture that we see hints at this amazing backstory. These fallen angels are immortal so the number of stories that could be told about them is limitless and I want every last one of them. Especially Ariane.
- Gabbe Givens from the Fallen series – Being arguably the most important angel in the series, we never really talk about her and that always bothered me because what we do get of her I find so interesting. She only ‘mentioned’ in Fallen in Love. She never got her own story. And I wouldn’t mind a novella on her. Or a whole book. Or two.
- Isabelle Lightwood from The Mortal Instruments – I don’t know how much of a side character she is so shhh (she’s not Jace and she’s not Clary so she counts in my book.) By far the most interesting female in the series so if Cassandra Clare ever woke up and decided to write a series just about Izzy, I’d be all for it.
- Cecily Herondale from The Infernal Devices – We see from her POV a little bit in the series but I just want more from her and from her story after the main story. I just really like all the Herondales, okay?
- Renesmee Cullen from the Twilight series – She wasn’t too high on the favourites list but after all that fighting for her in Breaking Dawn, I would like to see her life play out a more. Just a little.
- Clarisse La Rue from Percy Jackson and the Olympians – She was a horrible person half the time. She and our main man Percy weren’t exactly buddies. But she was such a leader and she redeemed herself so fully in The Last Olympian and I really want to see a spin-off story for her sometime in the future.
- James Potter and co. from the Harry Potter series – Just stories of when the four of them were at Hogwarts, please and thank you Joe :3
- Charlotte Branwell form The Infernal Devices – She’s such a strong female character in one of the worst situations to be a strong female and it’s her determination and composure that I love. And don’t even get me started on the Henry x Charlotte feelings.