Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted over at The Broke and Bookish and this week it’s our favourites from our winter TBR. I haven’t got an official TBR composed yet but I have some ideas of what I’ll be reading this festive holiday.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling – I’m going to be participating in the #HarryXmasToYou which is a Harry Potter readawatchalongathon I’m really excited about! 7 books + 8 films in the month of December. There’s so many exciting things going on with this event so click HERE to find out the full details. In this moment, I’m only thinking of reading the Philosopher’s Stone and Chamber of Secrets. I’ve picked those two because they’re short and the most christmas-y in my opinion. I’m not going to be attempting to read the whole series but I guess that could change.
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio – I’ve been hearing nothing but really positive things about this book so I’m really excited to finally get to it. The only thing that I really know about this book is that it’s about a boy with an face abnormality and it’s about him trying to find acceptance… I think? It sounds like one of those stories I’m going to be remember for a really long time so I can’t wait to get started on this on.
- Crown of Midnight & Heir of Fire & Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Mass – Shhh, they’re all one book really. I’ve read Throne of Glass a month or so ago and absolutely fell in love with the Game of Thrones meets Reign meets The Hunger Games vibe. Don’t even get me started on the beautiful writing style!
- Ed Sheeran: a visual journey by Ed Sheeran x Phillip Butah – I don’t usually read autobiographies. Non-fiction is not something I dive into often but I really couldn’t resist Ed Sheeran.
- Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh – This is another non-fiction pick but this is more on the humor side so when I heard some good things about it, I made a request in my local library. It’s been sitting on my shelf for a while now and I can definitely say it’s the most colourful book I’ve seen all year!
- Blue at Midnight by S.D. Wile – I actually got this book free from Goodreads and it’s a short fantasy novel. I don’t know too much about it but I’ve never read such a short fantasy read so I’m really interested to know if this is something that works.
- Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick – I got a signed copy of Black Ice just over a week ago and I even got to talk to her a little bit so I’m really pumped for this book. I’ve been hearing really mixed reviews but I’ve really enjoyed the Hush, Hush series and so I’m really looking forward to starting this.
- Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling – It’s been sitting on my shelf and it’s been staring at me for a good couple of months now so I have to give it a go. I’ve actually read the first chapter back when I first go it and it looked interesting so I guess I’ll try it over Christmas.
- Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell – Finally I own a Rainbow Rowell book! It was tough choice between that or Fangirl but I’ve highlighter Fangirl on my Christmas list so I wouldn’t want to accidentally get it twice. I’ve heard so many amazing things about this book and about Rainbow Rowell so to think I’ve actually got a book by her in my possession is really exciting.
- Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkein – I’m going to include The Hobbit in there too. I have all of these books by J.R.R. Tolkein and with The Hobbit movie coming out soon, I’m really looking forward to finally starting these since I feel a little bit late to the party.