Ahh it’s finally here! When I saw the link to the video on Thursday I dropped everything I was doing and replayed this trailer five times. It looks so good you guys!
Nobody panic! The only spoilers in this post come from what we see in the Mockingjay Part 2 Trailer above.
- First off: did I cry watching this? Yes I did.
- Something that I love about The Hunger Games and how they market is is how focused they are on the plot and the action instead of the romance. At the end there, we saw half a second worth of a kissing shot but that was about it. And because of this, the trailers always look so epic. Just, wow.
- The wedding scene that we also saw in the teaser trailer looks stunning. I wasn’t sure how they would do it because it’s a scene I didn’t visualise that well when I was reading the books but it looks gorgeous and I’m looking forward to seeing everyone just like they were in that scene in the trailer: happy, smiling(-ish) and dancing.
- “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 76th Hunger Games.” – oh I missed Finnick. That line was also ON POINT.
- As someone who has read the books and read Mockingjay specifically twice, this trailer was definitely a stab in heart for me. I know who is going to die, it’s in the back of my mind since I don’t like to think of the deaths coming up. BUT I can very easily imagine whoever put together that trailer saying “Hmm, I wonder how much pain I can inflict on the book lovers without actually spoiling anything.” Guess what? It worked. *forever crying*
- I have no reason not to trust that this movie will be fantastic. All of the three movies have been incredible and from what we’re seeing here it’s going to be an epic finale.
Can we all just agree that this series of movies will have a fantastic last film? Can we please? Okay? Okay.
Let me know what you thought of the trailer! Were you expecting more, less or was it just perfect?